去完成时(The Past Perfect Tense)：表示过去某一时间或动作以前已经发生或完成了的动作，对过去的某一点造成的某种影响或是结果，接下来小编为大家介绍初一英语学习的相关内容，一起来看看吧!
一、概念：过去完成时表示在过去某一时间或动作之前已经发生或完成了的动作，即"过去的过去( past-in-the-past )"。
那时以前 那时 现在
二、常搭配的时间状语：before, by the end of last year(term, month„),etc.
三、基本结构：had + 动词的过去分词(done). (had通用于各种人称)
否定形式：had + not + 动词的过去分词done.
例句：She said she had never been to Paris. 她说她从未去过巴黎。
When the police arrived, the thieves had run away. 警察到达时，小偷们早就跑了。
By the time he was twelve, Edison had begun to make a living by himself. 到了十二岁那年，爱迪生开始自己谋生。
( 1 ) by + 过去的时间点。
如： I had finished reading the novel by nine o"clock last night.
( 2 ) by the end of + 过去的时间点。
如： We had learned over two thousand English words by the end of last term.
( 3 ) before + 过去的时间点。
如： They had planted six hundred trees before last Wednesday.
( 1 )宾语从句中
当宾语从句的主句为一般过去时，且从句的动作先于主句的动作时，从句要用过去完成时。在told, said, knew, heard, thought等动词后的宾语从句。如：
She said that she had seen the film before.
( 2 )状语从句中
When I got to the station, the train had already left.
After he had finished his homework, he went to bed.
注意： before, after 引导的时间状语从句中，由于 before 和 after 本身已表达了动作的先后关系，若主、从句表示的动作紧密相连，则主、从句都用一般过去时。如：
Where did you study before you came here?
After he closed the door, he left the classroom.
( 3 )表示意向的动词，如hope, wish, expect, think, intend, mean, suppose等，用过去完成时表示"原本…，未能…"
We had hoped that you would come, but you didn"t.
I met Wang Tao in the street yesterday. We hadn"t seen each other since he went to Beijing.
When I woke up, it had stopped raining.
He told me that he had written a new book. (had written 发生在 told 之前 )
3. 过去完成时需要与一个表示过去的时间状语连用，它不能离开过去时间而独立存在。此时多与 already ， yet ， still ， just ， before ， never 等时间副词及 by ， before ， until等引导的短语或从句连用。
如：Before she came to China, Grace had taught English in a middle school for about five years.
Peter had collected more than 300 Chinese stamps by the time he was ten.
By the end of last year, he had worked in the factory for twenty years.
( had worked 已有了 20 年，还有继续进行下去的可能)
现在完成时表示的动作发生在过去，但侧重对现在产生的结果或造成的影响，与现在有关，其结构为"助动词 have (has) + 过去分词";过去完成时则是一个相对的时态，它所表示的动作不仅发生在过去，更强调"过去的过去"，只有和过去某时或某动作相比较时，才用到它。试比较：
I have learned 1000 English words so far
到目前为止我已经学会了 1000 个英语单词。
I had learned 1000 English words till then.
到那时为止我已经学会了 1000 个英语单词。
- I"m sorry to keep you waiting. 对不起，让你久等了。
- Oh, not at all. I have been here only a few minutes.
- John returned home yesterday. 约翰昨天回到家的。
- Where had he been?
他去哪儿了?(答语中使用过去完成时是指约翰在 returned home 之前去了哪些地方，即"过去的过去")
They had arrived at the station by ten yesterday.
They arrived at the station at ten yesterday.
She was very happy. Her whole family were pleased with her, too. She had just won the first in the composition competition.
3. 当两个或两个以上接连发生的动作用 and 或 but 连接时，按时间顺序，只需用一般过去时来代替过去完成时;另外，在 before ， after ， as soon as 引导的从句中，由于这些连词本身已经表示出时间的先后，因此也可以用过去时来代替过去完成时。如：
He entered the room, turned on the light and read an evening paper.
I (had) called her before I left the office.
过去完成时可表示过去未曾实现的想法和打算，通常连用的动词是 want, think, hope, plan, mean, expect, intend, suppose 等：
I had meant to come, but something happened. 我本想来，但有事就没有来。
I had intended to speak, but time did not permit. 我本想发言，但时间不允许。
We had hoped that you would come to see us, but you didn’t. 我们本想你来看我们的，但你没有来。
1.He asked me _____ during the summer holidays.
A. where I had been B. where I had gone
C. where had I been D. where had I gone
2. What ____ Jane ____ by the time he was sever?
A. did, do B. has, done C did, did. D. had, done
3. I ______ 900 English words by the time I was ten。
A. learned B. was learning C. had learned D. learnt
4. She ______lived here for ______ years.
A. had, a few B. has, several C. had, a lot of D. has, a great deal of
5. By the time my parents reached home yesterday, I _____ the dinner already.
A had cooked B. cooked C. have cooked D. was cooked
6. She said she __________ the principle already
A .has seen B. saw C. will see D. had seen
7. She said her family _______ themselves ______ the army during the war.
A. has hidden, from B. had hidden, from
C. has hidden, with D. had hidden, with
8. By the time he was ten years old, he _________.
A. has completed university B. has completed the university
B. had completed an university D. had completed university
9. She had written a number of books ______ the end of last year.
A. for B. in C. by D. at
10. He _____ to play ____ before he was 11 years old.
A had learned, piano B. had learned, the piano
C. has learned, the piano D. learns ,piano.
11. What _______ Annie ____ by the time he was ten?
A. did, do B. did, did C. has, done D. had done
12 .He ___ in the factory for three years before he joined the Army.
A. has worked B. works C. had worked D. will work
13. By the end of last week, they ____ the bridge.
A. has completed B. completed C. will complete D. had completed
14. Ben hates playing _____ violin, but he likes playing ____ football.
A. a…the B. the… the C. / …the D. the…/
15. By the time he was 4, he ______ a lot of German words.
A. had learned B. has learned C. learned D. learns
16 .Jim turned off the lights and then _____ the classroom.
A. was left B. had left C. has left D. left
17.They _________ in Guangzhou since 2000.
A. lived B. had lived C. have lived D. were living
18. The train from Beijing_______ ten minutes ago.
A. has arrived B. was arriving C. arrived D. had arrived
19. The students _________ their classroom when the visitors arrived.
A . have cleaned B. had cleaned C. was cleaned D. have been cleaned
20. Fergie_______ the project in one hour.
A. have finished B. will finish C. finishes D. has finished
21. The man ________ his coat and went out.
A. put on B. had put on C. will put on D. was putting on
22 My mother______ in that factory at the age of 18.
A. had worked B. has worked C. worked D. works
23. Dad ________ while he _______ TV.
A .fell asleep…watch B. was falling asleep…watched
C. fell asleep……was watching D. had fallen asleep…watched
1. We _____________ (paint) the house before we ______________ (move) in.
2. That rich old man _____________ (make) a will before he _____________ (die).
3. The robbers _____________ (run away ) before the policemen _______ (arrive).
4. I __________ (turn off) all the lights before I ____________ (go) to bed.
5. Paul __________ (go) out with Jane after he __________ (make) a phone call.
6. Tom __________ (say) he ___________ (read) the book twice.
7. Our plan ____________ (fail ) because we _____________ (make) a bad mistake.
8. When the chairman ____________ (finish) speaking, he __________ (leave)the hall.
9.When I ______________(arrive) at the station, he ____________________(leave).
10..We _______________(learn) about 4000 English words by the end of last term.
11. We were surprised at what she ________already ______(do)
12. He ______________(not tell) you the news yet.
13. He said he _____________already_________(give) the book to the teacher.
14. She told me she _________________(be) to Sanya three times.